Physci

Regarding the first UHC game 37

Hey guys! First and foremost, thank you to everyone who showed up to our first UHC game.

The first game wasn't perfect, but that was expected. This was the first time we hosted a large game using brand new infrastructure and when we had over 700 people trying to join at once, things didn't go as planned. Thankfully, we were able to postpone the original game and it went a lot smoother.

There are a few things that I would like to point out right off the bat that we will be fixing for the next game:

- The "invisible border" at 500x500.
- The number of players at the 25x25 border will be a lot less (there were 16).
- The glass on the border will be removed.

There are multiple other issues that we encountered, but those are the main ones.

Now, to clear some stuff up: These games will not have a traditional "Host." Since the server requires CheatBreaker to play, there is no need for a large amount of staff moderating the games. However, there will still be staff members in games to answer players' questions. We will be adding a way to automatically encourage players to fight towards the end of the game so we do not have to manually assign fights.

The UHC game schedule will be live along with statistics as soon as the server has as minimal issues as possible. In the meantime, we will be manually hosting games and tweeting them on our twitter: www.twitter.com/UltraGameFeed.

Thank you for all the support and sorry that it took longer than we expected to get UHC out and rolling. I hope you guys enjoyed the first game.
Are you sure?
Please login to reply to this thread.
good stuff
Are you sure?
host more soon pls
Are you sure?
when second game?
Are you sure?
[Deleted]
Are you sure?
+1
Are you sure?
Good shit, more games soon please
Are you sure?
faX
Are you sure?
Is there ever going to be an EU proxy?
Are you sure?
I hope not,,,
Are you sure?
oof
Are you sure?
1. when a uhc is going to be hosted you should announce it on your discord server
2. will there be uhcs while eu players arent sleeping xD?
Are you sure?
1. Once we are comfortable with the state of the game we will have a schedule along with our Twitter (www.twitter.com/UltraGameFeed). We can also add it on Discord.
2. Yes.
Are you sure?
you guys should host daily maybe hourly tbh make it a reg thing it would be diffrent and cool
Are you sure?
We are going to have it on a schedule so everyone knows exactly when it will be hosted :)
Are you sure?
where can we find the schedule?
Are you sure?
It isn't public yet. Will be made public once we fully release it. You can find upcoming games here: www.twitter.com/UltraGameFeed
Are you sure?
nicee
Are you sure?
Gang
Are you sure?
i think slowly hosting games then eventually go back to normal ultra pace
Are you sure?
The problem is if there are less staff members people can still truce/ team blatantly and thats so annoying...
Are you sure?
As stated, there will still be staff in games, just less than needed before to moderate a game. Since the server is CheatBreaker only, we don't need staff spam teleporting looking for players xraying or hacking. Trust me, there will still be staff in the games moderating chat and watching for teamers.
Are you sure?
I still think there should be more the 1 staff member per game, assuming the average game has 700 players (probably not gonna be that high but I'm going to use it hypothetically) it would probably still be a lot for the host. When I used to host 350-450 player games I'd sometimes have somebody hosting with me, sometimes we would split jobs like one person takes care of cheaters the other takes care of everything else. Even if I didn't have to catch cheaters I still found it rather difficult at times to keep up with everything, there's no way I'd be able to keep up with twice as many players as that. Now that may just be me but I'd still recommend 2-3 staff members per game, not only does it make stuff easier, I also find it much much more enjoyable to host with friends. This would also help keep motivation to host high. I know I based a lot of this on my own personal experiences but I'm sure there are other hosts who would agree with me.
Are you sure?
Ignore literally all of that Im dumb, for some reason I was under the assumption that there would only be one staff member per game
Are you sure?
Okay nice!
Are you sure?
Moreover, please keep the uhc's statsless and try to improve the latency for eu players, so they can play as smooth as on Ultra before
Are you sure?
No stats are good and show who are the better players that was one of my favorite parts of badlion uhc back when I played it.
Are you sure?
Damn
Are you sure?